History & Purpose of the FCC Scholarship Memorial Fund
The Scholarship Fund was established in 1986 as a living memorial to those who have passed away and as a method to offer financial support and encouragement to those who are furthering their education for Christian service.
The Scholarship Fund is available to any active member of FCC who is a full time student in a Bible College or Christian College.
The members of FCC are encouraged to make contributions to the fund in memory of those who have passed away, in your estate planning, or just to invest in the future of the youth at FCC. The names of those memorialized will be added to the plaques in the lobby.
Criteria for Scholarship Application Acceptance
- Only students attending a Bible college founded on the principles of the Restoration Movement and equipping its students with a Bible degree will be accepted.
- Even though the church desires to help all members obtain a higher education based on sound Christian principles at a qualified Christian Bible College, we recognize the necessity to evaluate each request. The church also recognizes the potential need and reserves the right to alter out policies and practices. The ability to grant scholarships is also dependent on the availability of funds.
- Scholarships are considered free grants without need for repayment. There will be no obligation on behalf of the recipient other than those taken in response to a Christian lifestyle.
- Scholarships will be made available to full time students studying at acceptable Christian Bible Colleges. Scholarships will be paid directly to the institution.
- Applicants must apply EACH ACADEMIC YEAR using the application form. Grants will be made for each academic period during the year. It is the obligation of the applicant to inform the church should approved funds not be required for the current year. These funds are for tuition costs and should be used accordingly. Any exception should be reviewed and approved by the eldership.
- It is expected the recipient will remain an active member of the congregation and a faithful Christian, contributing actively to the ministry of FCC. It is also expected the recipient will maintain a good academic standard as stated in the scholarship policy.
- A student may request additional financial assistance beyond the recommended allowances. Acceptance of a request above the allowance will be based on the financial need as funds are available. Applicants should attach a separate letter outlining/describing the request.
- Exceptions to the above criteria will be considered by the elders.
- Member of Fairfield Christian Church
- Submit completed Scholarship Application to the Scholarship Committee
- Student in good standing with the college
- GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale for prior semester in college
- Grades submitted to the Scholarship Committee at the conclusion of each semester
Scholarship Amount: $1,000 per Semester
FCC Memorial Scholarship Fund Application Process
- Read the above criteria to see if you meet the guidelines.
- If you have any questions, speak to one of the Elders or a member of the Scholarship Committee.
- Print and fill out the application below.
- Mail the application and a copy of your previous semester’s grades to the address at the top of the application or give to a member of the Scholarship Committee by July 15.